Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Norton Security

Does Norton Security really exist? I have been on hold (with a priority code number) for three hours a day for three days with no answer. Are they just some giant internet scam? Some guy sets up a web site promising to protect your computer, collects your money and gives you nothing in return.

I have been getting messages every other hour that my subscription has run out and I know it hasn’t. It is good till June 18th. I don't know if my computer is protected or not. They do not respond to emails. I have tried to set up an appointment for them to call me but they have no available appointments. I was given a priority code which is suppose to get me through to them quicker but I am still on hold. To add insult to injury – their hold music sucks. It sounds like a three year old trying to play the piano.

Is there another protection that works well? Perhaps someone who actually cares if their customers have a problem.

If Norton ever does answer the phone – look out.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Forget Norton. If you have Windows, download AVG, Popup Blocker, AdAware and Spybot. They are pretty much as good as anything, and they are free.

Sonja's Mom said...

Thanks for the info Dave. I finally got through to Norton and they fixed my problem but I will keep these sites on file for use later. You are so smart.

Dave said...

No, just have experience in Norton's wayward ways.