Thursday, June 19, 2008

Reality TV

I don't like "Reality TV" shows as a general rule. I have never watched Survivor or Gladiators or American Idol. But last year I did watch America's Got Talent. It was one of the most entertaining shows I have ever seen and I couldn't wait for this season.

I have not been disappointed. Last night there was a lot of terrific talent, some really crazy bizarre stuff and some down right disgusting stuff also.

There were two that really stood out. First was a little girl with the sweetest face you have ever seen. They ask her how old she was and she was and she held up four fingers and said "I just turned four". They ask her where she was from and she hesitated for a second (this was obviously not a question she had been anticipating) and then said "I'm from America". She sang "Somewhere Out There " and although her voice is that of a child she was on pitch and hit all the notes. She brought the house down.

Second was the last contestant of the night - a very over weight, 32 year old, insurance salesman who sings Opera. Man-O-Man can he sing Opera. His voice does not have the education and training of a Pavarotti or a Domingo but it is pure and clear and honest. He received a standing ovation form the audience and the judges. He is my pick so far to win. I can't wait to hear him sing again.

The only problem I have with this show is that it's called "America's Got Talent" and yet two of the judges are British. Don't we have anyone in America that can judge wether or not we have talent?

1 comment:

Dave said...

It is time to write something.