Friday, September 12, 2008

Tell me the truth

I watch CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and NBC News. I read the newspaper every day and I have watched several speeches by both Obama and McCain. I think (or at least I thought) I was fairly well informed.

Then I received this email the other day.

Subject: Taxes - this is important
Proposed changes in taxes after the 2008 General election:


We’re trying to figure out the impact on the economy, job creation, interest rates and the equity markets of the candidates respective tax programs.

CAPITAL GAIN TAX ON SALE OF HOMES:
MCCAIN
0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.
OBAMA28% on profit from ALL home sales

TAX ON DIVIDENDS:
MCCAIN 15% (no change)
OBAMA 39.6%

INCOME TAX:
MCCAIN (no changes)
Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)
Single making 30K - tax $8,400
Single making 50K - tax $14,000
Single making 75K - tax $23,250
Married making 60K - tax $16,800
Married making 75K - tax $21,000
Married making 125K - tax $38,750

INHERITANCE TAX:
MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax


OTHER NEW TAXES PROPOSED BY OBAMA:
New taxes on retirement accounts

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.
New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)
New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)
New taxes to pay for socialized medicine

In all the speeches I have heard I have never once heard Obama propose these changes. In fact he says he wants to reduce taxes for 95% of Americans.


Am I not hearing correctly or am I just stupid?

There is an ad on TV now that says that McCain went to Washington, took on the Senate Republicans (yes Republicans) and reformed Washington.


What?

When?

How?


Am I also blind because I haven’t seen any reform of Washington.

McCain says Sarah Palin but the Alaska Governors plane on ebay and sold it for a profit. Reports say she put it on ebay but it didn’t sell and was later sold privately - at a loss.


The air waves are full of contradictive propaganda ads.

Will someone, PLEASE, just tell me the truth?

2 comments:

OBT said...

Thought you might be interested to try these new Blogger templates as your blog template. There are many selections you can try and you can use your own header image. They're much easier to customize than other templates.

Wendy said...

(about your topic)

Crap, I was already lost, and confused. I was really counting on you to help me figure it out. I guess the point is neither of them are telling the truth. Neither can do everything they say. The only reason for saying it is to get the vote's and get to the White house and do what ever is best fro THEM.....NOT THE GENERAL PUPLIC WHOM VOTED THEM IN. BIG SIGH!