Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Hero

Colin Powell has always been a hero of mine. The interview he gave on Meet The Press today was one of the best political interviews I have ever heard. If you missed it, go to MSNBC.com where you can see it in its entirety. If you are one of the undecided voters out there, this should give you clear direction for your choice.

Tom Brokaw ask some very hard questions and Powell hit every one of them out of the park (sorry, I have been watching baseball). His reasoning for his choice of Obama for President is sound and well thought out. Many have come to the same conclusions but Colin Powell puts in into words the best I have ever heard.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I'm still sitting on a fence. I'm leaning. What is worrying me is that government is going to be lopsided. Not always a good idea.

Sonja's Mom said...

Dave

I understand your concern and you make a valid point but I feel we must move in a new direction. The gridlock must be broken or there will be no progress.

"The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present.
The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise -- with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disentrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country."
Abraham Lincoln
Source: December 1, 1862 - Lincoln's Second Annual Message to Congress

Anonymous said...

I believe that if Colin Powell had resigned over the Gulf War, rather than dutifully doing as he was told, he could have been America's first Black president.

I just can't get past his performance at the United Nations. That had to be a low point for him, professionally and spiritually.