Saturday, November 22, 2008

Falling Down

Don't you just hate that?

I fell down the other day. Flying forward, flat on my face.

First, it's embarrassing and second you usually get hurt. Everyone crowds around asking if you are all right. Of course I'm not all right - I just fell down.

When I was eight months pregnant with my daughter I fell down on the sidewalk in downtown Denver. I was working in the medical field at the time so I was wearing a white uniform. I looked like a beached, white whale laying there on the street. The saving grace then was that no one knew me. This was not the case the other day. Everyone knows me. The fact that I was at a public place (the pool) in a bathing suit did not help.

The final result is that I twisted my foot so now I am hobbling around unable to do much for myself. It is getting better and should be back to normal by the first of the week. Unfortunately, the embarrassment will last much longer.

3 comments:

Dave said...

It happens. Beyond the embarrassment, sounds like you're OK. I was with friends years ago and walked straight into a light pole, I apologized to it, drawing great laughter from my friends. Took years for them to forget.

SonjaB said...

"When I was eight months pregnant with my daughter I fell down on the sidewalk in downtown Denver."

Well that explains a lot.....

Wendy said...

omg
lol