Monday, June 8, 2009

On the News Tonight

Vortex 2 is a two year study to understand tornadoes. As we speak, 100 scientist are running around the Midwest chasing tornadoes. This is a two year study costing 14 million dollars.

Now, chasing tornadoes is fun. I've done it, but my question is - will this study stop tornadoes? Will it lessen the damage or reduce the deaths from tornadoes? If this is the case then 14 million is a small price to pay. But - I don't think the study will be that beneficial. I think this may be a colossal waste of money.

In the great scheme of things, 14 million isn't much but it could do a lot of good somewhere else.

4 comments:

SonjaB said...

But the real questions is why were you chasing a tornado?

Sonja's Mom said...

Becasue my crazy brother said,"oh look, a tornado - get in the car, let's go"!

Wendy said...

I agree with you. Isn't that why were are in the finacial trouble we are in. I am sure we have many programs in which do not have any really purpose, but fly under the radar. Military spending has been out of control for years.

SonjaB said...

Next your going to tell me you tipped a cow too