Monday, August 10, 2009

Crash & Burn

My computer crashed and burned this weekend. What a mess. Thank God (or whoever) for daughter and son-in-law. They hoofed it off to Best Buy with my old tower in hand and picked out a new one for me. Geek Squad transferred all my files from the old tower to the new one so almost all is good. Somehow during all this, I lost all of my Genealogy files. My Family Tree is bare. This makes me really sad. So many of hours of work gone. Why the hell didn't I make a hard copy? It's going to be so hard to start all over again.

I have been complaining for some time about my computer being slow and blaming Fios. Apologies to Fios - it was the computer. I now have good speed - not lighting - but good.

New tower is a little hard to turn on. The button doesn't seem to work right when you press it straight in but maybe this is just a quirk of this particular computer. We shall see.

No comments: