Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another New Computer

I am now on my 2nd new computer. The ASUS I got in August was always difficult to turn and impossible to turn off at the box. If it froze and had to be shut down I had to crawl under my desk and shut it off at the power source. Last Sat I couldn't turn it on at all. Every hour or so I would wander back to my office and try it again - and again. I had daughter come over and try but she couldn't get it on either.

Sunday I took it back to BestBuy. Daughter and son-in-law had purchased the unit when I was home bound with sick husband. Fortunately, son-in-law had purchased the BestBuy Warranty (something I never do). They couldn't fix it so they had to give me a new one with everything the old one had or better.

I now have a new Gateway with the new Windows 7 and a little more memory. I don't know if I like it or not. At times it seems a little slower but that may just be me.

1 comment:

Dave said...

One thing to be happy about, it doesn't have Vista.