Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Freedom of Speech

The Atheist’s put up a billboard outside of Tampa last week. It says, “Don’t believe in God? You are not alone”. People are upset. One man interviewed said “that’s just ridiculous – everyone here is a Christian”. I wonder – does he know everyone personally? Did he do a survey or take a poll?

There are those who want it taken down. Apparently the Constitution works for these folks if you believe what they believe.

Some will say they don’t want their children to view such a thing. In my opinion they should view this, and anything they see or hear that they don’t agree with, as an educational opportunity. Discuss it with you children and tell them why you don’t agree with it. And simply saying “it’s wrong” is not instructional

The Constitution grants everyone the right to freedom of religion and free speech. Just because it’s not your religion or your opinion doesn’t mean they don’t have the right to have it.



3 comments:

Dave said...

Kismet!

I literally just finished a comment to one of my posts that ended with "those founding fathers had it going on" referring to the First Amendment.

Stella Dean said...

I couldn't have said it better.

In other news: YOU WON! Crazy Love by Michael Buble. Shoot me an email with your name and mailing address please: whyrustalkingme @ gmail dot com. Congratulations!

Wendy said...

although offensive to me, very true about freedom of speech! Also for me who is a Christian, it is an oppurtunity. If I was a neigboring church I might try and purchase the billboard and redo it, or try to get one close by with an equally clever saying!

The Bible says as the end draws near many will depart from the truth, again, for me the sign is a "SIGN" of greater things yet to come!