Saturday, July 26, 2008

I haven't made up my mind

I just finished taking one of those telephone political surveys. I really love those things - no, seriously, I do. This one was about my opinion on discrimination in general and about my view on Gay Marriage specifically. Like anyone is really going to say "I think discrimination is a really good thing". They always ask the same question three or four different ways. I guess they think I will change my mind from one question to the next or they just think I'm stupid. They also ask "if the election were held today, who would you vote for"? They ask it twice because I said I hadn't decided yet. I guess they thought I was lying the first time I said it.

As for the Gay Marriage questions (there were at least 20 of them) I told them them truth - two people who love each other should be entitled to a long and happy legal entanglement no matter what sex they are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on Gay Marriage.

I can't remember an election where I was so completely disenchanted with both candidates. Regardless of who wins, I feel like I've already lost.

Dave said...

Now there's a description " a long and happy legal enganglement." I think that way about my clients. In my way of thinking, my corporations can be straight, gay, or any other combination of their choosing. As long as they have money.

Sonja's Mom said...

Dave - said like a true lawyer.

Wendy said...

No to gay marriage!

O.k. don't yell at me!
If you want to be gay fine, just not married.
If insurance laws should be changed to include common law, long term relationships of any gender mix so be it.
No gay marriage.

Dave said...

And one more thing SM, you answer your phone?

Wendy, we can agree to disagree on the marriage thing, can't we? Other than a religious belief, what other objection can there be? First Amendment: "...no law respecting...." Government should stay out of the matter. If you're ever in Atlanta, I'll buy you dinner at the Colonnade where you'll get some great Southern Cooking and some great people watching: old gentlemen and their younger consorts, flaming queens in sequin dresses, butch and femme couples: all enjoying life, and not hurting anyone.

Wendy said...

Dave,
Religious belief it is!
But, at the same time I know
I am not here to judge. Not my job and that is why I do believe people should be left to live how ever they want with whom ever they want. I am definatly not fanatical about peoples choices of whom they sleep with.

I think their is some sayings about people that live in glass houses..... and all to often the RELIGIOUS folks have more sin and demoralization around them then the old gay couple who have been partners for the past twenty years, in a quite neighborhood paying taxes, going to work and contributing to society in a positive way.

For me I vote no to gay marriage, but also allow people to be people!

Lunch is a deal! Can I bring my bible!(just kidding)