Sunday, July 13, 2008

Woe is me

This is my pool - care for a swim?

I ask my son's friend, Tait, to come over a fix a leak in one of the jets - no problem. After we lowered the water level we decided we should probably just go ahead and refurbish the whole thing as it has been at least 15 years since any thing was done to it and the coating on the fiberglass sides is wearing off.

First - the company that makes the coating went out of business.
Second - finally found new company but would take at least a week to order the coating.
Third - Tait went on vacation (to visit my son in NC) for ten days.

Tait finally returned but couldn't start to work as he had to build a fence for his father, who lives one street over from us, so one of the neighborhood coyotes won't eat their four little dust mop dogs (somehow the fence still isn't built - I have no idea what Tait has been doing).

One month goes by and we have tree frogs living in our pool. One wasn't so bad but he invited friends over and they have a party all night long. Tree frogs are very small but they are VERY LOUD! I wish the coyote would come and eat the frogs.

Tait showed up on Tuesday morning and said he would go get his helper and all of the equipment and be back in the afternoon. He finally arrived on Friday afternoon. The pool has now been drained but it has been raining off and on ever since so no more work has been done.

I know that this is how our friend Tait is but it is still irritating. I am always on time, if not early, and I am always where I say I will be when I say I will be there. Why can't the rest of the world be like me?

At he very least - Bell invented the telephone for a reason - use it!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the plus side, the frogs should help keep your yard free of mosquitos.

In East Texas they're loud early in the spring, but by now they've quieted down.

Dave said...

Tait's the way he is, and you are not, because he's a contractor. "How long will this job take?" "Oh, two weeks." Plan on a month and a half.

Felipa said...

Looks like you could give the tadpoles that moved into my spa a good home.

Wendy said...

very sad!