Saturday, April 19, 2008

Letter to the Editor

The lead story of the St Petersburg Times this morning was "Rays: County could help fund stadium". This prompted me fire off the following letter to the editor.

ABSOLUTE NOT! With the passage of Amendment One the County Budget will already be stretched to the limit. My county tax dollars should go for essential services that benefit all the citizens of the county. If the Tampa Bay Devil Ray's want a new stadium for a team that has had very low attendance in the past, let them pay for it.

I doubt they will print it but at least I had my say.

I should mention that the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are not located in Tampa. They are from St Petersburg. The city nor the county of Pinellas receive no publicity or credit for having the team. Perhaps Tampa should pay for the new stadium.

I will have more to say about Amendment One in another post.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

THANK YOU!
I thought the same thing
why pay for a team tht with a poor winning record could be sold with in a few years, and moved to a differnt state leaving yet another empty unusable white elephant in which we paid for. Lets build housing for the 100 people that were housed in the tent city torn down a few weeks ago.