Sunday, April 20, 2008

Orchids


I went to an Orchid auction yesterday. First one I have attended. I have a few but really don't know much about them. I just know what I like. My attitude towards mine is benign negligent. I water them now and then and maybe give them some fertilizer occasionally. They do just fine and bloom once or twice a year. I bought one with really pretty yellow blooms yesterday. I found the auction to be quite interesting. Your could tell who the really knowledgeable Orchid people were by the bidding. If it was something really good, the bidding got high and discussions (good natured arguments) broke out around the room. I came home and immediately took a picture of my new purchase. I print the pictures, laminate them and attached it to the plant. It's the only way I can tell them apart.


2 comments:

SonjaB said...

Good job adding the picture. It's really pretty.

Wendy said...

preetttty flower